Mechanical Design Engineer Medtech, Stockholm
Is your interest triggered by developing smart technology within medical devices? Do you see the big picture without missing important details and can you manage complex multidisciplinary projects?
Then we want to get in touch with you!
About the job Our R&D department is expanding, and we are now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team at the global headquarters in Danderyd, Sweden. Together with colleagues, you will contribute to the further development of technology within our existing devices. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to build their technical career with exposure to the latest and most advanced technology on the market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and development of new technologies in coordination with other departments.
- Design medical devices using SolidWorks and carry out computational analysis, if required – Prototyping using 3D printing software – Carrying out verification of designs using a variety of experimental rigs and techniques – Analyze prototype performance and provide key input for each iteration
- Product development of existing technologies and devices.
- Complete design transfers, including technical support of the product being transferred. Define and draft the Process Validation Requirements for the transferred product.
- Aid in the timely completion of CAPA, complaints and vigilance reports.
Skills and Experience
- Good engineering and problem-solving skills a must.
- Capability of having a strategic as well as practical view on product development.
- Capability to evaluate the customer demands and use that knowledge to prioritize device development.
- Team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Competence to manage multiple projects at once and be results oriented.
- Good communication and influencing skills, with excellent written English.
- Must be eligible to visit USA, China, and other areas for business related travel.
- Familiarity with international standards and regulations related to medical device development a plus.
- Some knowledge of global medical device regulatory requirements, including MDR and FDA.
- Familiar with the stage gate development process. Understanding of engineering validation principles would be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with SolidWorks required, with knowledge of CFD or FEA desirable.
- Some laboratory experience would be preferred, such as writing test plans and reports and carrying out laboratory testing.
- Good clinical & design principles required.
What we offer
- A full-time employment (40 hours/week), starting as soon as possible considering any notice period.
- Competitive salary, insurances, and pension scheme.
- Health care insurance, wellness allowance and other small stuff that gives working life that little extra.
- New modern office premises at the global head quarter in Danderyd.
- Colleagues around Europe who, just like you, enjoy making things happen as well as a good laugh.
About us Sedana Medical AB (publ) is a pioneer medtech and pharmaceutical company focused on inhaled sedation to improve the patient’s life during and beyond sedation.
Through the combined strengths of the medical device AnaConDa and the pharmaceutical Sedaconda (isoflurane), Sedana Medical provides inhaled sedation for mechanically ventilated patients in intensive care.
Sedana Medical has direct sales in Benelux, France, Germany, Great Britain, the Nordic, and Spain. In other parts of Europe as well as in Asia, Australia, Canada, and South- and Central America, the company works with external distributors.
Sedana Medical was founded in 2005, is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market (SEDANA) and headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Please contact Erik Düring at www.rekryteringsspecialisten.s... for more info.
Phone: 0708 999469