Software Manager, Life Science
This is your opportunity to join a successful global company. Biotage is developing innovative and effective solutions for separation within analytical and organic chemistry. Biotage’s products significantly help improve our customers’ development of new medicines and analysis of samples from hospital patients, in forensic laboratories, or for the analysis of environmental and food samples.
Your principal duties are to lead, plan, coordinate and follow up the group’s activities and ensure effective use of resources. You will also be part of product development projects where you ensure that your expertise improves the time to market as well as the quality of the deliverables. You will lead an expanding team of professionals including consultants.
Important aspects of this position are to have a good collaboration with our mechanical, electronic and systems engineers and to continuously improve our methodologies.
Essential Job Duties
• Manage an expanding team of software and firmware developers
• Work closely with the stakeholders of Product Development and drive the software development process
• Represent the Software group in the cross-functional management team and project steering groups
• Define tasks and allocate work elements for software team
• Track progress and ensure project team is on schedule, meeting milestones and performance/quality objectives
• Responsible for the development environment, tools and deliverables.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
• At least two years of experience as line manager and five years of experience in working with software development for integrated mechatronic systems
• A drive for quality-oriented practices, e.g. unit testing, code review etc.
• A passion for technology as well as for people and you get your satisfaction when they grow and the group performs
• Fluency in English and Swedish, written and verbally
Place of work
Biotage headquarters in Uppsala.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Erik Düring at Rekryteringsspecialisten.
Phone: 0708 999469